Chiropractic Relief for Shoulder Pain: Causes, Treatment, and Risks
Shoulder pain can be a frustrating and debilitating problem that affects many people, from athletes to office workers.
It is a common problem, with around 7.5 million people in the US visiting their doctors for shoulder issues each year. While there are many potential causes of shoulder pain, chiropractic treatment can be a safe and effective option for relief. This article will explore the common causes of shoulder pain, how chiropractic treatment works, and what you can expect from this therapy.
Causes of shoulder pain
The shoulder is a complex joint that allows for a wide range of motion but is susceptible to various injuries and conditions. Common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Rotator cuff injuries or tears (damage to the muscles and tendons that attach the shoulder blade to the upper arm bone)
- Frozen shoulder (a condition in which the shoulder becomes stiff and difficult to move)
- Bursitis (inflammation of the small, fluid-filled sacs called bursae that cushion the joints)
- Tendinitis (inflammation of the tendons that attach muscle to bone)
- Arthritis (inflammation and stiffness of the joints)
- Fractured collarbone (break in the bone that runs along the top of the shoulder)
- Dislocated shoulder (when the upper arm bone pops out of the socket in the shoulder blade)
- Pinched nerves (pressure on nerves in the neck or shoulder)
How does shoulder pain affect your health?
Shoulder pain can impact your daily life and your overall health. It can make it difficult to perform basic tasks such as getting dressed, driving, or carrying groceries. It also interferes with your sleep and quality of life. If left untreated, shoulder pain can lead to other health issues, such as poor posture, limited range of mobility, depression and anxiety.
What to expect from chiropractic treatment?
Chiropractic treatment for shoulder pain involves various techniques to adjust the spine, neck and other joints, improving alignment and alleviating pain. Here are some things you might expect:
Assessment: Your chiropractor will examine your spine, shoulders, and other relevant areas to assess your pain and determine the best course of action.
Adjustment: Your chiropractor will adjust your joints using manual or instrument-assisted techniques to improve alignment and reduce pain.
Other Techniques: Your chiropractor may use massage, stretching, or exercise therapy and recommend lifestyle changes to manage your pain.
Relief: Chiropractic treatment can effectively relieve shoulder pain and restore function, often requiring multiple sessions to achieve the best results.
If you are experiencing shoulder pain, chiropractic treatment can be an effective and natural approach to pain relief.
By addressing the underlying cause of the pain and using a customized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs, chiropractic treatment can help to reduce pain, improve range of motion, and promote overall health and wellness.
Schedule an appointment with our chiropractor Dr. Giovanni to discuss your case and determine if chiropractic treatment is right for you.