As you get older, your eyelids stretch more due to the weakening of the muscles that support them, which causes extra fat to accumulate above and below your eyelids. This fat buildup is a factor in sagging eyebrows, visible bags under the eyes, and droopy eyelids.
One can opt for Blepharoplasty in Dubai to reinstate your eyelids, wherein the extra fat or skin on your eyelid is removed while treating many other problems too.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery is a type of surgery that tightens the loose muscle tissues and modifies the appearance of the upper, lower, or both of the eyelids. The goal is to improve the appearance of the eye area and vision that is obstructed by drooping eyelids.
What does blepharoplasty aim at?
With a blepharoplasty procedure, you can expect the following to be treated:
- Skin that is draped over your face and blocks your vision
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness beneath the eyelid skin loose or sagging skin that folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, which can occasionally impair vision
- Puffiness under bags under-eyes
- Lower eyelid droopiness is a good way to hide extra skin, small wrinkles, and white below the iris.
Ideal candidate for blepharoplasty
People with the following eye-lid issues can go for blepharoplasty in Dubai:
- Age-related or muscle dehiscence-related droopy eyelids that give you a tired appearance
- Sagging eyelids that block your vision
- Your eyelid shape makes you unhappy.
- You have noticeable bags under your eyes, puffy eyelids, or both
Types of blepharoplasty
Upper Blepharoplasty - Upper Blepharoplasty entails the repair of the eye-opening muscle, the excision of sagging eyelid skin, and the removal of extra fat.
Lower Blepharoplasty - Lower Blepharoplasty helps in the removal of undereye bags by repositioning excess skin and fat and possibly removing it altogether. Additionally, it treats sagging lower lids that may expose extra white space beneath your iris, the coloured circle that surrounds your black pupil in your eye.
Procedure for blepharoplasty
Dr. Matteo Vigo will decide on a procedure and whether you will need local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia.
Depending on the specifics of the surgery, the procedure varies, but generally, the doctor will:
- Make a cut in the skin fold across the eyelid to rectify the saggingness of the upper lid.
- Make an incision beneath (transconjunctival incision) the lashes or inside the lower lid to treat the lower eyelid.
- The incision of the upper eyelid is made along the eyelid crease, whilst the incision of the lower eyelid is made either inside the lid to avoid external scars, or externally below the eyelashes.
- Tighten underlying tissue (such as muscle) with sutures (stitches); if necessary, try to conceal all incisions within natural skin folds and creases, and close incisions with stitches, surgical tape, or tissue glue.
- Further, excess skin is removed, and extra fat is repositioned or removed.
The full procedure for the upper and lower eyelid normally takes around two hours and is done under local anaesthetic with conscious sedation. The normal post-surgery swelling will be gone within two weeks and the sutures will be removed within seven days.
A lot of people discover that blepharoplasty significantly improves their appearance, particularly if they had very loose upper lid skin or noticeable bags under their eyes. The full healing of incision (cut) lines may take up to a year, but your final results will be visible in a few weeks.
Although blepharoplasty can be expected to permanently correct some conditions, you will still experience the signs of ageing.
Benefits of blepharoplasty in Dubai
Blepharoplasty involves a minor procedure; hence is followed by a speedier recovery.
Numerous aesthetic and practical advantages of this procedure include the following:
- A discernible decrease in the under-eye puffiness
- Decreased visibility of the under-eye dark circles
- A wider field of vision results in better vision
- Renewed appearance of the eyes
- Less forehead discomfort as a result of stronger eyelid muscles
- Fewer fine lines on the outer corners and lower eyelids
Safe and precise Blepharoplasty procedure in Dubai
Blepharoplasty at Amwaj Polyclinic has proven to be a great option for individuals looking to improve the appearance of their eyes. The team of experienced professionals is dedicated to providing high-quality and safe care, ensuring that each patient leaves with the results they desire. Furthermore, the clinic offers various types of blepharoplasty treatments, so you can find one that works best for your unique needs.
If you’re considering this procedure, book an appointment with Amwaj Polyclinic today!