LED Mask Therapy – Everything you need to know about LED face masks
LED masks have become the ideal complement to facial treatments, and they are easy to use and safe. Here is all you need to know about this secret used by multiple experts in the industry.
What is LED light therapy?
LED light therapy is a method that uses phototherapy to rejuvenate tissues through conductive waves of energy. It comprises LED lamps that emit infrared light, whose operation is based on mitochondrial stimulation. Thus, just as plants use sunlight for photosynthesis, skin cells use LED light to produce more molecular energy and generate cellular building blocks. It enables skin repair and regeneration.
NASA developed this technology in the 1960s to enhance the growth of plants in space; later, its usefulness in human tissue growth was discovered. Since then, LED light therapy has been considered a non-invasive and very effective skin treatment for various skin problems.
Where is it mainly used?
LED light therapy can treat multiple skins, hair and nail conditions. However, the most common areas include the skin of the face and neck.
What are the benefits/advantages of using them?
LED masks act directly on the facial skin through energy-conducting waves. As the wavelength of the light increases, so does the depth of penetration, increasing its action on the tissue.
Different wavelengths were established, differentiated by color for each need; in this way, each color offers different benefits depending on the case.
- Red light repairs damaged tissue, reduces wrinkles, expression lines, and dark circles under the eyes. It stimulates the production of collagen and elastin by penetrating the superficial areas of the tissue.
- Blue light for people with acne. Penetrates pores and eliminates acne-causing bacteria, reduces inflammation and enlarged pores.
- Green light for blemishes or skin with excessive pigmentation. It helps to heal and speeds up skin regeneration.
- Yellow or amber light reduces redness and skin irritation. It has a tightening or “lifting” effect.
- Light blue light relaxes and soothes sensitive skin. Anti-stress.
- Violet light helps with wound healing, reduces the after-effects of acne.
- White light reduces expression lines, improves flaccidity, and regenerates aged skin.
Using LED phototherapy brings multiple advantages:
- Safe treatment. LED light is free of UVA rays, as well as other harmful rays for the skin.
- It does not cause discomfort, pain, or burns.
- It does not require aftercare.
- It is compatible with other skin treatments.
- Easily adapts to any skin type.
- You can use it from the comfort of your home.
What results and expectations will I see?
LED masks can be used at your convenience. This allows you to perform the sessions with greater ease and time availability. With proper use, you will notice the changes soon. Your skin will look radiant, healthy, with a better texture and elasticity.
LED mask therapy will give you more hydration and softness in the skin. You will also notice how the conditions you suffered from are disappearing.
Before starting treatment with LED therapy, remember to consult with your aesthetician.